Better than a flesh and blood human Minister; somewhat better than no Minister at all!
1. Available in a comforting white male appearance, creating the impression of the high intelligence, privilege, authority, soundness of judgement, etc., of the modern urban professional. Included package as standard:
a. Blue blazer and bland suits
b. Conservative ties
d. Neutral accent/ethnicity cues
2. Is precision-crafted to balance the wisdom of age and the energy of youth.
3. Is pre-programmed to offer an inexhaustible variety of comforting words, gestures, and sounds when prompted.
4. Is firewalled against corruption by over-generous donors, over-flattering members, and anyone projecting anima/animus archetypes onto it.
5. Is inherently disembodied--sexless and free of vices; requires no privacy or private life.
6. Is equipped to absorb from users a full range of inputs--indifference, condescension, disdain, hero-worship, praise, projection, blame, judgement, vilification, micro-analysis, etc.--with 100% equanimity.
7. Is equipped with a 'light entertainment' mode, enabling it to output an endless archive of clean jokes, folksy anecdotes, interesting scriptural minutiae, toasts, and the odd old favorite song.
8. Is interfaced with Belief.net and Wikipedia data streams, so omniscience is virtually guaranteed.
9. Is finely tuned with an "Academic Equivocation" failsafe output monitor, so is able to remain 100% objective and disinterested in any exchange; has no inherent moral/ethical/political leanings.
10. Is programmed to produce verbal output which is more or less what new owners want to hear or already think; discomfort calibration set at the factory to absolute zero.
11. Is clairvoyant; programmed to sense immediately when a member falls ill or wants (or simply feels entitled to) on-site visits; arrives without being asked or, indeed, even notified.
12. Is programmed to refresh its sensibility hard-drive with simple verbal cues from its owners. For example: "Great service" or "I'm only sorry X wasn't here to hear that" or "You should have wider audience".
1. Maximum moral and existential comfort; zero offence
2. Perpetual activity; minimum maintenance
3. High output at low on-pulpit costs: With only a minimum of routine maintenance, it will provide many years of reliable service. Your up-keep costs are capped well below the average wage of your country of residence--locked in for the life of your RobOTT!